Hi friends! The Workout Log was updated today, so head over there if you’re interested to see how I’m trying to stay active these days.
I’m sharing one of my staple recipes towards the end of this post: crock pot shredded chicken. But first, let’s rewind a bit to the weekend.
It’s no secret that Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. I am all about that chocolate, pink, and quality time with my love. This past weekend did not disappoint. Instead of captioning each individual photo, I’m just going to provide you with a vertical slideshow. Sound good?
I hope your Valentine’s Day was spent with the one(s) you love, or curled up with yourself and a good book/movie/glass of wine/full DVR.
Each Sunday, as part of my regular meal prep, I throw three chicken breasts, some chicken broth and a couple spices into the crockpot and forget about it for six hours. What comes out is extremely tender chicken swimming in fragrant broth, ready to be shredded into pieces.
We keep the shredded chicken in a large tupperware container and dig into it during the week as an addition to salad, in Mexican fajitas or baked into a pasta casserole. As I think about it, it’s the most versatile thing in our fridge!
CROCK POT SHREDDED CHICKEN
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Line crockpot with tin foil or liner to minimize clean up.
- Place all ingredients in your crockpot. There is no need to mix everything together; the crockpot does all the work.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 5-6 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork and add to tupperware container with 4 spoonfuls of remaining chicken broth mixture.
**Keeps for five days in the fridge!